About The Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced software developer to work on the most exciting engineering project currently being undertaken in New Zealand.
Excellence is the only option when it comes to launching our rockets into specific orbits. You’ll be a crucial member of our Guidance, Navigation and Control team, who are responsible for the software that gets our customers’ payloads exactly where they need to be. You will be challenged on a daily basis and to succeed you will need to adapt quickly and thrive under pressure to achieve tight project deadlines.
Our launch date is fast approaching, and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running when it comes to working with C, C++ and Python, and helping to continue the development of our 6DOF flight and avionics simulator. You will have a thorough, no-shortcuts approach meaning we can rely on your work to be accurate 100% of the time. You will ideally have several years’ experience programming C/C++, with some real-time embedded development experience and be comfortable developing in a Linux environment.
To really stand out from the other applicants you’ll have prior experience working with moving vehicles such as automobiles, UAVs or rockets - although raw passion can make up for lack of practical experience here!
- Bachelors, Masters or Ph. D in Electrical, Software or Aerospace Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience developing in C/C++, with some embedded or high-reliability development experience
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationship
- Experience with git version control
- Python, MATLAB
- A good theoretical and/or practical of electronic systems and rigid body dynamics
- Experience with flight simulator or flight software development for UAVs, Rockets or other aircraft
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and/or closed-loop control systems
- Experience with OpenGL
- Once in a lifetime opportunity for a senior software developer
- Work with our Guidance, Navigation and Control team to get rockets into space!
- Involved with: Linux | Embedded | High reliability development | C | C++
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.