About The Role
As Quality Control Technician at Rocket Lab you will be in tasked with ensuring the quality of procured components this will include the control of critical dimension and tolerances, organizing parts and assisting in the running of the flight components storeroom. This role will have a strong focus on quality assurance and stock management, this means ensuring that all parts are manufactured to the specification and stock levels are maintained as required.
To succeed in this role it is vital you have an extremely high level of attention to detail and be capable of using Vernier calipers, micrometers, depth gauges and other similar measuring equipment.
We are looking for thinkers and doers to work in a very dynamic, fast pace environment, you will be challenged on a daily basis. To succeed you will need to be able to learn quickly and utilize your own initiative whilst working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
This is a truly brilliant opportunity to work on the most exciting engineering project currently being undertaken in New Zealand.
- 12+ months’ experience working in a manufacturing environment ideally with hands on experience in stock management and quality control
- Experienced in using Vernier calipers, micrometers, depth gauges and other similar measuring equipment.
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric dimensions
- Proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and open to learning.
- The ability to learn quickly and able to work productively without direct supervision
- Experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly organised with faultless attention to detail
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Knowledge of Soldiworks
- Experience in manufacturing, automotive or aviation industry
- Newly created role
- Cutting edge technology
- Auckland Airport location
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.