About The Role
Join Rocket Lab’s newly created and dedicated manufacturing team tasked with assembling the Electron Launch Vehicle. This is a truly unique position, where you will be involved in the building of Rockets on a daily basis and the requirement for extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to complete processes quickly is vital to ensure the high level of reliability required for aerospace components.
As Production Line Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the team is working to maximum efficiency at all times, resolving issues that arise on the production line and ensuring that our assembly team have everything they need to get their job completed in a timely manner.
To succeed in this position it is vital that you can demonstrate strong leadership and the ability to motivate and manage a technical team.
Rocket Lab offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast pace environment where you will be challenged daily and your work will be contributing directly to the NZ space program and you will have the opportunity to see your work fired in to Space!
- 5+ years’ supervisor or leadership experience, preferably gained within manufacturing, medical, automotive or aviation industries
- 15+ years’ hands on mechanical engineering experience
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A working knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies and a passion for continuous improvements to increase efficiencies
- A high level of attention to detail and the ability to processes information/situations quickly
- Ability to work under-pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and follow processes
- An understanding of New Zealand Health & Safety requirements
What Rocket Lab has to offer:-
- The chance to make history and see your work fired in to Space!
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- The chance to join a growing international company with an excellent record of promoting internally
- Newly created role
- See your work fired into Space
- Auckland Airport Location
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.