About The Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced data analyst to work on the most exciting engineering project currently being undertaken in New Zealand.
You will be required to develop a machine learning / AI platform from scratch, using existing software packages, e.g. TensorFlow. Initially, you will focus on capturing performance benchmarks for the rocket system, analysing the data for statistical spread, which will feed back to our production and analysis teams. It is crucial that our production process is able to manufacture rockets that perform within specified bounds, which will ultimately improve rocket performance and flight margins.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Data/Computer Science
- 2+ years’ experience developing and implementing machine learning algorithms, e.g. TensorFlow, Theano, Amazon Machine Learning, WEKA or other machine learning tools
- Experience in data mining and visualisation
- Background or familiarity in statistics and modelling
- Ability to extract key information from complex and large datasets, and present them in a clear and structured fashion
- Experience with Python and/or other scripting languages
- Strong SQL skills
- A love for all things data – the bigger the dataset the better
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationship
- Background in scientific data analysis; e.g. engineering, physics
- Applying machine learning models in a production environment
- Comfortable working with big datasets
- Experience in statistics tools such as R or SPSS
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.