About The Role
As a machinist for Rocket Lab you will be part of the production team manufacturing parts for the Electron Launch Vehicle.
Day to day you will be expected to use your expert manufacturing knowledge and skills to produce parts for the rocket. You will be working closely with design and test engineers to ensure that the parts meet the requirements to fly to space.
- A toolmaker background is preferable but not essential
- 5+ years CNC milling or turning experience
- Experienced and capable using manual machinery
- A high level of attention to detail coupled with a methodical and careful approach to work
- A methodical, careful and tidy work ethic
- Proven experience working to deadlines
- Experience working with SmartCAM or GibbsCAM
- Experience with Siemens controllers
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.