About The Role
Rocket Lab has a newly created position, Avionics Technician, available for an experienced Technician to join their California based team currently working on the production of the Electron Launch Vehicle.
You will be required to support the build, manufacture and testing of advance electronic systems.
Avionics Technician - Responsibilities
- Mechanical / electrical assembly of PCB assemblies into product chassis
- Building of small electronic sub-assemblies
- Production of small avionics wiring harnesses
- Functional testing of completed assemblies
- Soldering and desoldering of through hole and SMT components
Avionics Technician – Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience
- High School diploma or equivalent qualification
- Background in manufacturing of electronics for high reliability aerospace / military systems.
- Knowledge of MIL/IPC standards for electronic systems and assemblies
- Experience in fast-paced production environment with flight hardware
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously
- A very high level of attention to detail and the ability to produce work to an exceptional standard of accuracy
- Associate’s degree is preferred
You must have the ability to work in New Zealand for an initial training period, this could be up to 1 month. Also, you will need to have the ability to make trips to the New Zealand facility for training as necessary. The role will otherwise be based in Los Angeles.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.